A Photographer's biggest Dilemna is having to choose a few images while a thousand lie hidden without being visible. The images you see here are just a few selected ones supported by my own write-ups which are my insights and my view of the world around me. "I do not intend to offend any individual, group or country through my writings."
Every trip to me is a spiritual one, I started believing in a super natural energy governing me at the most tested times and helpless situations on my journeys. Am a solo traveler and I love the thrill of hopping flights, buses, taxi's, vans, ferries and many other means of transport across different countries. The people, The languages, The cultures, The beliefs, The smiles and utimately The Freedom is what makes me a Travel Photographer.
This blog contains images from India, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, U.A.E, The United Kingdom, Spain and Portugal. I would be updating the Countries, Images and Write-ups as and when I travel. Hope you all like my work :)

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

DARKNESS TO LIGHT...






We all generally walk on the same path as normal tourists do and that doesn't fascinate me. I have always tried to see the Unseen and Know the Unknown, this drive takes me to see places which are generally abandoned and ignored by most of the people. To me, personally I do not like human intervention with respect to the Ancient and timeless entities…One can experience theology only by sacrificing their Ego.

‘Spiritual richness and a sense of a Supreme power governing over you…’ this is what I exactly felt; while walking through the forgotten and deserted corridors-under the ruins of the world’s largest religious
monument at the Angkor Wat and its surrounding temples. This is the place where I actually went into an introspective mode. The Ancient walls I touched, the broken structures which made the passages impenetrable, the smell around the ruins and the incredible architecture which made me go deeper and deeper in search of something I never knew I would find, a Non-Material quest of self discovery. The serpents, insects and animals which I drove away with my foot steps...the large spider webs around the place confirmed that there hadn’t been much of a human activity in the places I walked through… after spending hours in the darkness I paused, I could feel my heartbeat become louder than normal as there was no other sound in the abyss of the ruins. As I got involved with the surroundings, I started analyzing myself, the darker the place got, the worse I felt about the sins I have committed in my life, I went through the same emotion everyday since the time I visited the subversive and hidden areas. The last day I finally felt I had to overcome my own devils and start relating my life to both-the darkness and the light around me…
I could see the trail of these tunnels finally ending with the glowing light-which became the path for my Redemption.

1 comment:

  1. What a powerful metaphor... U r not only an amazing photographer, but also a "beautiful" person. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete